Monday 10 July 2017

Wool Fairs

Well June has fairly whipped by and we are nearly halfway through July! I have managed to get to two of the best wool festivals this year, the first was way back in April. Wonderwool Wales is such a good event, it gets bigger and better every year and this time I wasn't helping out on a stall so I had more time to look around over the weekend.
I managed to catch up with the lovely Sarah and Elisabeth on the Get Weaving stand. Their ideas and patterns are so inspiring, I come away with my head buzzing with ideas of what to make every time I see them. I just need more time to get on and do them!
Over the two days I did manage to do some retail therapy, not that I needed much but things happened to catch my eye!
As you can see plenty of stuff! Yarn, a Saori warp, wavey beater and dyes. Lots to play with over the summer. The next show I visited was Woolfest, at Cockermouth in Cumbria which means I have to make a car journey north for over four hours. Unfortunately the lovely weather we had been having in the couple of weeks prior to the show didn't last and it became wetter and colder the further north I went.

As usual there was plenty to see and lots of lovely stuff to buy.
I didn't buy another wheel or a loom but I did manage to spend some money on the following....
Two braids of hand dyed fibre - 50% Baby Camel/50% Silk, more cotton yarn and some dyes.
Two more Saori warps, three lengths of hand dyed silk top and a selection of speciality fibres to try out - ramie, rose fibre and some bleached flax. I shall try to make it to Yarndale at the end of September but that will have to be as a day trip so a very early start!

5 comments: