Friday 4 July 2014

Woolfest 2014........part 1

I can't believe it is already a week since Woolfest and I have just about recovered! What a wonderful show but exhausting. As always there were plenty of lovely stalls to look at and lots of "like-minded" people soaking in the fibre fumes!

 
 
Our stall, My Fine Weaving Yarn, was a riot of colour as always and was a hit with a lot of photographers over the weekend.
 
 
There are always plenty of sheep to see at Woolfest and I couldn't resist taking a break and paying them a quick visit.
 
 
Castlemilk Moorit on the Castlemilk Moorit Sheep Society stand.
 
 
A Greyface Dartmoor in mid chew!
 
 
Teeswater sheep also having a chew!
 
 
And of course there were Herdwick sheep too.
 
 
You also get to meet some lovely people at the show. Our stall was next to The Threshing Barn  which has just become a UK agent for the Strauch Fiber Equipment Co. I bought one of their double wide drum carders back in 2008 so imagine my delight to actually meet Otto and Joanne Strauch who had flown over from Virginia especially for Woolfest and were demonstrating their products. I know they were kept very busy and they both looked very tired at the close of the show. More about my purchases etc. in my next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment